License to Carry a Handgun
Consolidated Training Group offers a convenient way to complete the training requirements so that you may receive a license to carry a handgun from the Texas Department of Public Safety. We offer this one day (4 to 6 hours) class to all qualified personnel wishing to get a LTC. Upon successful completion of the class and submission of the application materials, the state will issue you a license.
The LTC class training includes the following:
- Training by a DPS certified instructor
- Application Preparation Assistance
- Handgun rental (if none available by student) for use during range qualification
In accordance with the State of Texas as of March 1, 2011, all fingerprints must now be done electronically through an L1 finger printing location.
DPS LTC Licensing Class $95
- Concealed carry law
- Open carry law
- Where you can carry and where you cannot
- When deadly force is justified under legal statue
- Legal implications of use of force or deadly force
- Texas weapons laws
- Nonviolent dispute resolution
- Firearms safety/Proper Storage
If you have further questions, please call at 940-465-7823 / 214-629-4142 or check out the Department of Public Safety’s website at https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/
Handgun, 50 rounds of ammunition, safety glasses, state issued identification and hearing protection for use during range qualification. Please have your application packet with required documentation prior to arrival at the class.
There is a qualification at the end of this class. We will give guidance on handgun safety, but you must have basic handgun skills and shooting experience prior to this class in order to qualify. Instruction on qualification and basic handgun marksmanship is available through CTG staff. Contact us for details.